JBL vs Beats are two popular headphone brands known for their high-end audio quality. Both companies have been around since the late 90s and early 2000s respectively, but they’ve seen a huge rise in popularity over the past few years. However, what exactly separates them? Is one superior to the other? Let’s take a look at some of the differences.
The first company we’ll discuss is JBL. JBL was founded in 1989 and started out making speakers. Since then, the brand has expanded to include headphones, Bluetooth speakers, and amplifiers. Their products are designed to be durable, reliable, and affordable. JBL makes several different models of headphones including the Legend series, the Charge 2, and the Pulse 3. These headphones are best suited for people who want a great sound without breaking the bank.
Beats was founded in 2006 and are a subsidiary of Apple Inc. The company produces premium wireless earbuds and headphones. Their earbuds are designed to fit comfortably and securely. They’re lightweight and feature noise-cancellation technology. Their headphones are great for audiophiles looking for a truly immersive listening experience.
Differences Between JBL vs Beats Headphones
Both companies make great headphones, however, there are several differences between them. Here are a few examples:
- JBL uses a dynamic driver while Beats use a balanced armature. A dynamic driver moves back and forth to produce sound waves. Balanced armatures move side to side instead of moving back and forth.
- JBL offers a variety of colors for their headphones while Beats only offer black and white.
- JBL has a wide range of accessories while Beats only offer a charging case.
- JBL uses plastic while Beats use aluminum.
- JBL’s headphones are comfortable while Beats’ aren’t.
- JBL sells both wired and wireless options while Beats sell only wireless options.
How to Choose Between Beats vs JBL Speaker Brands
1. Price-JBL speakers are generally considered to have higher quality than beats, however, they tend to cost much more. A high price tag does not always equate to a high-quality product, therefore, if you are looking for a high-quality speaker at a reasonable price, then look no further than Beats by Dre. If you want something a little more affordable, then go with JBL.
2. Sound-Beats sound fantastic, but they don’t necessarily have the best bass. Be sure to check out some reviews before purchasing.
3. Durability-Beats by Dre speakers are extremely durable and built to last. They have been known to withstand water damage and extreme temperatures without any problems. On the other hand, JBL speakers do not hold up well to water damage and may crack over time.
4. PowerBeats by Dre are powered by rechargeable batteries, whereas JBL speakers use standard AA batteries.
5. Features-Beats by Dre has a wide variety of features available including Bluetooth connectivity, volume controls, and even a microphone. JBL speakers only offer basic features and cannot connect to devices wirelessly.
6. Style-Beats by Dre’s style is unique and stands apart from the rest. JBL speakers are sleek, simple, and functional.
7. Quality-Beats by Dre offers high-quality products while JBL speakers are cheaper.
8. Warranty-Both brands offer warranties, but JBL provides a longer warranty period.
9. Overall-If you’re looking for a great pair of headphones that won’t break the bank, then Beats by Dre should be your first choice. However, if you’re looking for a reliable brand with a long warranty period, then JBL should be your top pick.